How do I live an eco-friendlier, and more sustainable lifestyle?
Living an eco-friendly lifestyle doesn’t have to be expensive or difficult, it can start with a few small changes that really can go a long way. We asked our customers for their favourite eco tips and we’ve pulled them together to help you on the road to embracing an eco-friendlier home living routine:
- Leaving your electric appliances on standby wastes needless electricity, hit the off switch and you’ll start to see the difference in your bills.
- Reusable kitchen towels, wax food wraps and a water filter will help limit the waste of single use products.
- Reuse boxes for arts and crafts activities for children, teach the next generation how to be creative
- Learn how to Eco Brick with plastic bottles and get creative with their usage, such as building fences, underground support for patios and other weatherproof items.
- Upcycle old containers into new planter pots that can be used for plants or growing your own veg.
- Pre plan your meals to batch cook and freeze your leftovers, this will reduce the amount of gas and electricity you use when cooking.
- Reuse old coffee grounds in a mix with olive oil or coconut oil as a body scrub.
- Buy loose veg, plastic wrapped veg is an unnecessary use of plastic
- Start your own compost bin/heap at home and let nature takes its course so you can give it right back
- Turn old clothes into quilted blankets and donate to charity or the homeless
- Reusable cotton pads are a great way to reduce single use items, especially for removing makeup
- Smart meters can help you track your usage at home and keep on an eye on your spend.
But what about cleaning?
Whether you’re looking to give your whole house a good scrub or you just want to freshen things up a bit, you don’t need a host of nasty chemicals to get the job done. There are plenty of eco-friendly ways to clean your home, and it’s worth your while to explore them so you can ditch harsh cleaners.
- Try our Eucalyptus surface cleaner, it’s a gentle, plant-based formula, which is packed full of lovely fragrant essential oils, will help you keep your home looking clean, and smelling fresh too.
- Use baking soda as a natural deodoriser, great for removing any lingering smells in your carpet and rugs, just don’t forget to vacuum it up.
- Did you know our Lemon Myrtle Glass Cleaner is also great for cleaning stainless steel without leaving behind any streaks?
Give these a try next time you’re ready to freshen up your home to see what a difference a little eco-ingenuity can make.